Hwy 2 project east of Crookston begins September 20
Motorists can expect short term delays and lane closures
BEMIDJI, Minn. — Beginning September 20, motorists on Highway 2 east of Crookston will experience short term delays and lane closures as the resurfacing project begins. The project includes grading and resurfacing Highway 2 from Hwy 9 to Hwy 32.
Motorists will shift to head to head traffic on either the eastbound or westbound lanes, depending on which side is being resurfaced.
The contractor for this $1.4 million dollar project is Anderson Brothers Construction Company of Brainerd, LLC. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. It is estimated to be complete by the end of October, weather permitting. Visit the project website for more information and a project map: mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy2-resurfacing.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.