Closure of Hwy 19 for railroad work postponed in Northfield
NORTHFIELD, Minn. – The Union Pacific Railroad has postponed its planned closure of Hwy 19 from Eaves Avenue to Hwy 3 in Northfield and has not set a new date, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
MnDOT will announce the planned detour route and new closure dates when the railroad determines when it will get its work done.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones