Plan for changes to your commute along I-94 in St. Michael, Albertville
Work part of the I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater project
ST. CLOUD, Minn. ––Motorists who travel on Interstate 94 can expect delays and changes to access through St. Michael and Albertville beginning Aug. 26, reports the Minnesota Department of Transportation. Here’s what to expect:
- Wright County Road 19 ramp to eastbound I-94 opens: Crews will open the new access ramp from County Road 19 to eastbound I-94 in Albertville on Thursday evening, Aug. 26.
- Wright County Road 37 ramp to eastbound I-94 closes: The ramp will close from County Road 37 to eastbound I-94 in Albertville Monday morning, Aug. 30. Motorists should follow the signed detour from County Road 37 to County Road 19 to eastbound I-94. The ramp will be closed until Nov. 1.
- Overnight closures on I-94 at Highway 241 interchange: Crews will deliver and set bridge beams at the Highway 241 bridge over I-94. The night work will require lane closures and short traffic stops as follows:
- Monday evening, Aug. 30 through Tuesday morning, Aug. 31: From 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., both directions of I-94 will be reduced to a single lane before Highway 241 exit ramps. From 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., traffic from both directions will be routed off I-94 at the Highway 241 exit ramp and continue onto the Highway 241 entrance ramp back onto I-94. State Patrol will be present and periodically stop traffic at the Highway 241 ramp intersections.
- Tuesday evening, Aug. 31 through Wednesday morning, Sept. 1: From 8 p.m. to 7 a.m., westbound I-94 will be reduced to a single lane leading up to the Highway 241 exit ramp. State Patrol will be present and periodically stop traffic at the Highway 241 ramp intersection from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.