Detour for Hwy 19 drainage repair starts Aug. 24 near Morton
WILLMAR, Minn. – A detour of Highway 19 near Morton will begin August 24 so that crews can complete repairs for drainage issues that were discovered during last year’s slope stabilization project.
The project is located approximately three miles east of Morton. Traffic will be routed on U.S. Highway 71 and Renville County Roads 4 and 5 (see map below).
The repair will cost $200,000 and be completed by September 14. Please note that the start and end dates could change due to unforeseeable circumstances. The contractor is Carl Bolander and Sons, LLC.
Follow the project at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy19sloperepair.
Work zone travel
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times