Virtual open house through Sept. 1 for Hwy 61 projects in Goodhue County
RED WING, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to visit the virtual open house to learn about the intersection improvements that are scheduled for 2022 along Hwy 61 at Hwy 316 and County Road 18 in Goodhue County.
Individuals can visit the virtual open house at hwy61intersectionssafetyproject.com and go through the online information at their own pace before it closes on Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021.
- Learn about the anticipated construction schedule and traffic impacts
- See detour routes during intersection construction
- Review background information on the Hwy 61 corridor
- See how to navigate reduced conflict intersections and roundabouts
- Leave a comment for the project team
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print) for this event, please email your request to Janet Miller at email@example.com or call 651-366-4720.
MnDOT has evaluated this stretch of Hwy 61 and engaged with the public in developing a plan to improve safety and traffic flow at the Hwy 61/Hwy 316 and Hwy 61/County Road 18 intersections.
- Improved safety for all users
- Improved ways to safely get to, from and across the highway
- Shortened wait times and keeping traffic moving
- Improved pedestrian and bicycle facilities and connections