Hwy 53 International Falls detour change on Aug. 18
DULUTH, Minn. – Traffic on Hwy 53 in International Falls will have a detour change starting on August 18. The detour for Stage 4 will take motorists on 4th Avenue from 10th St to 3rd St (Hwy 71). Local traffic will be able to get to Hwy 53 businesses via the side streets. The truck detour is also still active for the duration of construction.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.