Hwy 65 construction near Littlefork begins July 26
DULUTH, Minn. – Construction on Hwy 65 near Littlefork will begin on Monday, July 26. The work zone extends from Hwy 71 to Cty Rd 8. Work will start with shoulder and culvert repairs, and motorists can expect shoulder closures.
On Aug. 4, paving operations will begin with traffic controlled by flaggers and a pilot car. Travelers should expect delays. Project work is expected to last through October.
For project maps and more information visit mndot.gov/d1/projects/hwy65littlefork.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.