Lane closures at Hwy 22/7 and Montana Street in Hutchinson beginning July 26
WILLMAR, Minn. – Highway 22/7 will be reduced to one lane each direction at Montana Street in Hutchinson, beginning Monday, July 26. The City of Hutchinson will be installing a HAWK pedestrian crossing system. HAWK is an abbreviation for High Intensity Activated Crosswalk, which is a special type of signal used to alert motorists when people are crossing a roadway.
The project is scheduled to be complete by August 31. Drivers are asked to slow down and use caution when traveling through the work zone.
Watch for orange cones
Travelers may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, heavy equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones.
Work zone safety reminders:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone.
- Never enter a roadway that is blocked by barriers or cones.
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel and while walking or biking.
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.