MnDOT refreshing pavement markings throughout district; expect lane closures
Duluth, Minn. – Beginning Wednesday, July 21, through Friday, July 30, MnDOT will be refreshing pavement message markings in the Duluth, Hermantown, Cloquet, Carlton, Two Harbors and Virginia areas on Highways 23, 33, 53, 61 and 194. Markings to be refreshed include stop bars, crosswalks and turn arrows. Motorists should expect periodic lane closures and traffic delays.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.