Hwy 64 project near Akeley begins Aug. 9
Motorists can expect a detour during the box culvert replacement at Eleventh Crow Wing Lake
Bemidji, Minn. – Beginning Aug. 9, motorists on Highway 64 north of Akeley will experience a detour as crews install a larger box culvert at Eleventh Crow Wing Lake. The detour route includes Highways 34 and Hubbard County Road 25.
This $1.3 million dollar project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface and improved drainage. It is estimated to be complete by late September, weather permitting. Visit the project website for more information and a detour map at Highway 64 project.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.