Traffic shift begins July 22 on Hwy 2 project from Fisher to East Grand Forks
Motorists can expect head to head traffic in the eastbound lanes
Bemidji, Minn. – Motorists on Highway 2 between Fisher and East Grand Forks can expect lane shifts beginning July 22. Traffic will shift to head to head traffic in the eastbound lanes until approximately October. The project will include resurfacing the westbound lanes, as well as turn lane and intersection improvements.
The contractor for this $9.4 million dollar project is Knife River. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. It is estimated to be complete by mid-October, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.