Detour Hwy 73 for culvert replacement
Duluth, Minn. – MnDOT maintenance crews will detour Hwy 73 from Hwy 1 to County Road 22 west of Cook on Monday, July 26, through Thursday, July 29, to install a new center line culvert.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.