Detour to start July 26 for Hwy 60 West bridge replacement at Zumbrota
ZUMBROTA, Minn. – Hwy 60 West motorists will be detoured starting July 26 at Zumbrota for Hwy 60 West bridge replacement, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The following detour (PDF) will start July 26 and last approximately four months.
- Motorists traveling east on Hwy 60 to Zumbrota will utilize Hwy 52 southbound and exit at Hwy 58
- Motorists traveling Hwy 52 northbound to Hwy 60 West will utilize Hwy 58 exit to west Goodhue County Road 10 to Goodhue County Road 12 to Hwy 57 north to connect to Hwy 60 in Wanamingo
There will also be two consecutive night closures of Hwy 52 northbound and southbound for Hwy 60 West bridge removal from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. which are planned for July 28 and July 29, weather and schedule permitting.
- Motorists will utilize entrance/exit ramps to move northbound and southbound on Hwy 52
- 5th street and Hwy 60 West junction will not be accessible during the overnight closures. Motorist should use the detour route during this timeframe
The replacement of the Hwy 60 bridge is part of the Hwy 52 project from Zumbrota to Cannon Falls. It will address safety risks along and across Hwy 52, which includes cross streets and driveways. Construction will affect the flow of traffic between April and November each year. Traffic will be maintained on Hwy 52. However, drivers can expect reduced lanes and lane shifts. Drivers looking to cross Hwy 52 may need to follow a detour. Detours and open crossings will change as construction moves. Signs will guide drivers around closures, and detour information can be found on our website in advance of the changes. Off-road work may occur during the winter months.
Some of the items may move in time periods or change as design work continues.
- Replace the Hwy 60 West overpass bridge at Zumbrota
- Replace the Hwy 52 northbound bridge at the Hwy 60 East interchange south of Zumbrota
- Construct access control measures along highway
- Rebuild Hwy 52 southbound from (4,000 feet north) Goodhue County Road 9 to Goodhue County Road 50
- Build a new interchange at the intersection of Hwy 57/Goodhue County Road 8 and Hwy 52
- Replace the southbound bridge over Hwy 52 for Hwy 60 East
- Build Goodhue County Road 14 connection, frontage roads, and cul de sacs
- Replace the Hwy 52 southbound bridge over the Zumbro River
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from Goodhue County Road 24 in Cannon Falls to (4,000 feet) north of County Road 9
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from County Road 50 to 1.3 miles north of Goodhue County Road 7
- Construct frontage roads and cul de sacs
- Construct noisewall along northbound Hwy 52 south of Hwy 58 interchange at Zumbrota
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones