Hwy 2 project east of Cass Lake begins Aug. 9
Motorists can expect short term delays and lane closures
Bemidji, Minn. – Beginning August 9, motorists on Highway 2 east of Cass Lake will experience short term delays and lane closures as the resurfacing project begins. The project includes grading and resurfacing Highway 2 from Cass county road 206 to Cass county road 10 east of Cass Lake.
The contractor for this $1.7 million dollar project is Northern Paving. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. It is estimated to be complete by the end of August, weather permitting. Visit the project website for more information and a project map at mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy2-casslake.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.