Hwy 210 box culvert work and detour near McGregor to start July 12
DULUTH, Minn. – Construction on a box culvert on Hwy 210 near McGregor will begin on July 12. Project work will require a complete closure of Hwy 210 and a detour on County Rd 5 to County Rd 3 to Hwy 65 to Hwy 210 for eastbound direction and opposite for westbound direction. The closure will last for fourteen days and end on July 28. Turner Lake Public Access will remain open during construction but with access from the west only.
For project maps and more information visit the website: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/hwy210-culvert.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.