Hwy 27 resurfacing in Carlton and Aitkin counties to start July 12
DULUTH, Minn. – Construction on Hwy 27 in Carlton and Aitkin counties will begin on July 12. A detour west of Moose Lake on Cty Rd 12 to Hwy 73 will be in effect starting on July 12 until August 7. Only local traffic will be able to access the closure area. Motorists should also expect one lane flagging operations in other areas in the work zone.
Project work includes pavement resurfacing and culvert repairs and will last until September 2021. For project maps and more information visit the website: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/hwy27.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.