Hwy 200 project from Roy Lake to Zerkel begins July 12
Motorists will detour onto Clearwater County Roads 7 and 27, and Highway 92
BEMIDJI, Minn. — Beginning July 12, motorists on Highway 200 from Roy Lake to Zerkel will detour onto Clearwater County Roads 7 and 27, and Highway 92. The project includes resurfacing, grading and bridge work from just east of the Mahnomen/Clearwater county line in Roy Lake to Highway 92 in Zerkel.
Motorists will utilize this detour from July 12 through mid-September as this project is constructed. Access is being maintained for residents and businesses along the work zone.
The contractor for this $4.7 million dollar project is Knife River. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. It is estimated to be complete by October, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information as well as a detour map: mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy200-mahnomen-clearwater.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.