Hwy 63 lane closure, Hwy 30 westbound traffic detoured June 21-25 for road maintenance in Stewartville
STEWARTVILLE, Minn. – Hwy 63 traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction in Stewartville between 4th Street SE and 5th Street NE June 21-25 for road maintenance and westbound Hwy 30 (1st Street E) traffic will be detoured, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Work is occurring at the intersection of Hwy 30 (1st Street W) and Hwy 63 (Main Street) with the following traffic changes:
- Hwy 63 motorists between 4th Street SE and 5th Street NE should be prepared for delays. Flaggers will direct motorists through single lane traffic.
- Motorists traveling on westbound Hwy 30 (1st Street E) should follow signs for detour. The south crosswalk will remain open for pedestrians.
- Hwy 30 motorists wanting to travel south on Hwy 63 will travel south on 4th Avenue SE, west on 6th Street SE (Olmsted County Road 106) to Hwy 63
- Hwy 30 motorists wanting to travel north on Hwy 63 or west on Hwy 30 will detour north on 2nd Avenue NE and west on 4th Street NE to Hwy 63
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones