Eastbound traffic detour begins June 21 on Hwy 2 west of Cass Lake
The detour will utilize Hubbard County Roads 45 and 9, and Cass County Road 22
Bemidji, Minn. –MnDOT announced today, beginning June 21, eastbound motorists on Highway 2 west of Cass Lake, can expect a short-term detour while crews begin muck excavation on the project.
During the project, crews will be resurfacing Highway 2 from two miles east of Hubbard county road 46 to Highway 371 in Cass Lake. The detour will be lifted on June 28. Eastbound traffic will detour using Hubbard County Roads 45 and 9, Cass County Road 22, and Highway 371. Westbound traffic is reduced to one lane.
The contractor for this $2.5 million dollar project is Knife River. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. It is estimated to be complete by August, weather permitting. Visit the project website for more information as well as a detour map: www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy2-resurface.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.