Lane closures on Hwy 23 in Spicer June 15-16
WILLMAR, Minn. – North and southbound travel on Highway 23 in Spicer will be reduced to one lane each from West South Street to Lake Avenue South beginning June 15. Crews will be repairing the roadway by removing part of the pavement surface and paving a new layer of asphalt. Work is expected to be complete by end of day on June 16.
Travelers should allow extra time and use caution through the work zone.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times