Hwy 19 drainage repair project near Morton complete
WILLMAR, Minn. — The drainage repair project on Highway 19 near Morton has been completed. The project included ditch cleaning, pipe installation and the creation of a pond.
Improved drainage is the overall project benefit. The project cost $570,000, and the contractor was Mathiowetz Construction.
- Learn about the project at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy19drainagerepair
- Join the Southwest Minnesota Facebook group for news, events and updates
- Follow us on Twitter @MnDOTsouthwest for news, events, and updates
- For road condition and travel information, visit 511mn.org
Work zone safety
MnDOT advises travelers to always:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times