Northbound I-35 temporary ramp closure in Duluth June 3 and 4
DULUTH, Minn. — Temporary ramp closures will be needed on northbound I-35 at Exit 256A Mesaba Ave/Superior St on June 4 and 5. On Thursday, June 3rd after 8 p.m., there will be a closure of the Mesaba Avenue ramp of Exit 256A. Traffic will be detoured via the Superior Street ramp to 6th Avenue W to 1st Street to Mesaba Avenue. On Friday, June 4th after 9 a.m., there will be a closure of the Superior Street Ramp of Exit 256A. Traffic will be detoured via the Michigan Street ramp to 5th Avenue W to Superior Street.
These closures are required to facilitate the installation of a CCTV camera pole foundation as part of a Traffic Management System upgrade. Both closures are expected to last three to four hours.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.