Public open house set June 3 for Hwy 65 project in Albert Lea
ALBERT LEA, Minn. – Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to attend an open house on Thursday, June 3, 2021, to learn about a planned project to make improvements to Hwy 65 in Albert Lea.
Members of the project team will be on hand to answer questions and provide information from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on June 3 at Riverland Community College in Albert Lea, 220 Riverland Drive. The event will be held in the main entry/lounge area.
For anyone who is unable to attend the open house and would like to hear information about the project, there will be a recording of the project team sharing details on the project website by mid-June. Also on the website, there is a comment form that can be used to ask questions or provide feedback to the project team.
Construction is scheduled for 2022 and planned work includes the following:
- Reconstruct Hwy 65 from Newton Avenue to the Shell Rock River Bridge
- Reduce flood events
- Repave Hwy 65 from Shell Rock River Bridge to Sorenson Avenue
- Reduce serious right-angle crashes with intersection modifications, including the installation of two RCIs, from Garfield Avenue to Prospect Avenue
- Make ADA and safety improvements including construction of new sidewalks and median refuges
- Install new traffic signal at Garfield Avenue
- Install new lighting