Hwy 29 Montevideo bridge work rescheduled for May 13
WILLMAR, Minn. – Repair work on the Highway 29 Montevideo bridge has been rescheduled from May 12 to Thursday, May 13.
Traffic will be down to one lane across the bridge with a flagging operation in place; drivers should plan for short delays. Work is expected to finish by the end of the day.
Watch for orange cones
Travelers may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, heavy equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near work zones. MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching orange barriers or cones
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and plan for delays, especially during peak travel times