Nighttime Hwy 61 and 63 lane closures planned in Red Wing on May 10 for bridge cleaning
RED WING, Minn. — Motorists on Hwys 61 and 63 in Red Wing should be alert for overnight lane closures on May 10 as crews clean bridges, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Work will take place on the Eisenhower Bridge of Valor and its adjacent bridges, as well as the Withers Harbor Bridge from 8 p.m. on May 10 to 6:30 a.m. on May 11. During that work, sand and other material that accumulated during winter are swept up before crews use fresh water in high pressure pumps to spray down the gutter lines and joints.
Motorists can expect periodic traffic delays with lane closures.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Find up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions at 511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones