Hwy 14 lane closure planned May 11-12 west of Eyota for CP Rail bridge repairs
EYOTA, Minn. — Motorists on Hwy 14 will encounter lane closures and short-term traffic delays on May 11-12 west of Eyota while crews repair a Canadian Pacific Railway bridge over the highway, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Contractors for CP Rail will be making repairs to the bridge, which was hit by equipment carried on a truck earlier this year. Repairs at the site, 2 miles west of Eyota, are expected to take two days.
During the construction work, motorists will be briefly stopped by flaggers near the bridge, while the other direction of traffic is escorted through with a pilot vehicle a single lane of traffic under the bridge. Once that direction of traffic is through the work zone, the other direction of traffic will be directed through.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Find up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions at 511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones