Traffic impacts for Twin Ports Interchange project March 29 – April 1
DULUTH, Minn. — MnDOT work on the Twin Ports Interchange project continues to move forward in Duluth. Traffic impacts the week of March 29 include permanent ramp closures at Highway 53 and single lane closures on I-35.
Monday, March 29
- The intersection of Piedmont and West 1st Street will be closed. Traffic will be detoured.
Tuesday, March 30
- Northbound I-35 traffic from 27th Avenue West to Garfield Avenue will be reduced to a single lane.
- The ramp from northbound I-35 to northbound Highway 53 will be permanently closed. New ramps for the interchange are anticipated to open in fall, 2023.
- The ramp from Garfield Avenue to northbound I-535 will close between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for guardrail repair. Traffic will be detoured.
Thursday, April 1
- The ramp from southbound Highway 53 to southbound I-35 will permanently close. New ramps for the interchange are anticipated to open in fall, 2023.
Motorists are encouraged to check 511mn.org before traveling for information on road conditions, closures and detour routes. To learn more about the Twin Ports Interchange project visit mndot.gov/d1/projects/twin-ports-interchange, or call the Twin Ports Interchange Hotline at 218-343-3748.