No travel advisories lifted in Lincoln, Lyon, Murray and Pipestone counties
WILLMAR, Minn. — (6:50 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted no travel advisories from the following state highway segments in Lincoln, Lyon, Murray and Pipestone counties.
- Hwy 14 - South Dakota border to Tracy
- Hwy 23 – Pipestone to Marshall
- Hwy 30 - Pipestone to Westbrook
- Hwy 59 – Hwy 14 to Fulda
- Hwy 91 – Hwy 14 to Chandler
While conditions have improved, icy roads, strong winds and blowing snow may continue to make driving difficult through the evening hours. Remember to:
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They also may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow. Don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Manually turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Check MnDOT’s road conditions map at 511mn.org