Snap Photos and Win:
Walk to Anywhere Week Photo Contest
Help us commemorate this Walk to Anywhere Week by submitting your photos! For inspiration, your submitted photo should answer the question “What is your favorite place to walk?” This could be your favorite destination, favorite walking route, or your favorite part of the neighborhood. We want to see your community!
Post your photo by October 16 to the MnSRTS Facebook page, with the hashtag #mnwalks. The winning photo will receive statewide bragging rights!
It’s takes two steps to enter!
- Take a photo of students walking or bicycling to school or around the neighborhood.
- Post your photo to the MnSRTS Facebook page by Oct. 16th using the hashtag #mnwalks.
Winner will be notified via Facebook.
Here's what we would like to see:
- Are suitable for possible use in Minnesota Safe Routes to School materials
- Answer the question “What is your favorite place to walk?”
- Are original, creative and include students walking/biking
- Show students wearing masks and practicing social distancing, in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health guidelines
By submitting a photo, participants give permission to the Minnesota Department of Transportation to use the photo in Minnesota Safe Routes to School promotional materials.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Any costs incurred related to taking or submitting the photo shall be borne by the person submitting the photo.
- You will not receive acknowledgement of receipt.
- All submissions are non-returnable and shall remain the sole property of the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT). MnDOT reserves all rights to reproduce, publicize or to exhibit the submissions in any form of media or medium whether locally or internationally without any prior notification, payment or acknowledgment made to participants. Images submitted must not be published in any media or medium prior to entry in this contest.
- All entries must be of participants’ original works. Usage of third party/parties creative works is strictly prohibited.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- Winners will be notified by via their social network no later than October 23rd, 2020.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. No purchase necessary.
Waiver and Release
By submitting an entry and participating in this contest, I agree and acknowledge that I am subject to the following:
- That I am the lawful author/copyright owner/authorized party of this image/works submitted.
- That I give Minnesota Department of Transportation and its partners the absolute rights and permission to the copyrights to use or reuse, to publish or republish, and to produce the image/works that I have submitted. The permission includes, but is not limited to, printed materials, websites and social media.
- That I have received the permissions to take their photograph, and submit their photograph to MnDOT for this contest, from all the models, persons and individuals whose images appear in my photograph. I have also secured the permissions from the owners of any private property or props I used in the photograph.
- By entering, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Minnesota Department of Transportation, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right.
- That I have met all the rules and regulations stated for this contest.
- The Minnesota Department of Transportation will not authorize third parties’ use of the submitted photographs, images or works for commercial use. MnDOT will use its best efforts to prevent unauthorized use of the photographs, images or works; although MnDOT cannot guarantee that all unauthorized or commercial use of my photograph can be prevented. I release Minnesota Department of Transportation from any claims of or liability for unauthorized use of the photograph I submit as part of this contest.