About this project
Beginning in summer 2021, we will repair and resurface I-94 between Western Ave. and Mounds Blvd. and I-35E between I-94 north and University Ave. In addition, we will work on the following ramp bridges:
- East 12th St. to WB I-94 (over WB I-94)
- East 12th St. to SB I-35E (over WB I-94)
- EB I-94 to E 6th St.
In addition, we will resurface the Robert St. bridge over I-35E. The project will address water seepage issues along the westbound side of I-94 through the project area, build new storm water drainage ponds and replace railing on some bridges. Freeway lighting and signs may be replaced if needed.
Summary of work
- Repair and resurface I-94 and I-35E
- Resurface ramps and frontage roads along I-94
- Repair drainage and upgrade storm sewers
- Other bridge rehabilitation work
- Repair sidewalks and upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches to Americans with Disability Act (ADA) standards