Looking for more information about open houses for the Hwy 5/Minnehaha Ave. and Stillwater Rd. in St. Paul project? Visit the new Hwy 5 St. Paul to Maplewood project webpage.
About this project
Safety and accessibility improvements are needed on Hwy 5 and Hwy 61 in St. Paul. We are planning a project on East 7th St. up Arcade St. from I-94 to Roselawn Ave. in 2024. The project will include repaving, sidewalk repairs, and accessibility for all.
Summary of work
- Road resurfacing
- Sidewalk repairs and driveway updates
- Updating sidewalk curb ramps
- Pedestrian safety improvements
- Replacing traffic signals and adding pedestrian lighting
- Bus stop improvements
In preparation for the work on East 7th St. and Arcade St., we are seeking the community’s feedback about their experiences in the project area, including:
- Pedestrian, bicyclist and transit user experience and comfort
- Vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian safety
- Access to homes, schools, businesses and other amenities
- ADA accessibility improvements
Stay tuned for upcoming opportunities to share your thoughts beginning in April. This feedback will influence the final designs for the project.
All traffic impacts are tentative and weather dependent.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be provided as details become available.