About these projects
Safety and accessibility improvements are needed on Hwy 5 and Hwy 61 in St. Paul and Maplewood. We are planning a project on Hwy 5 from North Mendota St. to Century Ave. in 2023. We are planning a second project on East 7th St. up Arcade St. from I-94 to Roselawn Ave. in 2024. The projects will include repaving, sidewalk repairs, and accessibility updates to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Summary of work
- Repave the roads
- Replace cracked and heaved sidewalks and repair trail along Stillwater Rd.
- Remove or trim trees causing sidewalks to heave
- Replace aging traffic signals and add push buttons to assist people with disabilities
- Replace curb ramps so they are accessible to people with disabilities
- Improve safety for pedestrians crossing the street
- Replace aging storm sewers