About the project area
The pavement on Hwy 316 from the north junction of Hwy 61 to Michael Ave. has outlived its useful life and will be replaced in 2021.
MnDOT studied other corridor improvements that will be implemented at the same time to help with safety and traffic flow for drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
Summary of work
- Construct three roundabouts on Hwy 316 at Spiral Blvd., Tiffany Dr. and Tuttle Dr.
- Install center median on Hwy 316 to restrict certain movements at both public and private intersections
- Add designated facilities for pedestrians and bicyclists on both the east and west side of Hwy 316
- Add striped pedestrian crossings at specific locations along Hwy 316
- Update signing and lighting throughout the reconstruction area