About this project
Crews are replacing the bridge and reconstructing the interchange at Hwy 169 and Co. Rd. 9 (Rockford Rd./42nd Ave.) between New Hope and Plymouth. We will also be putting in accessible sidewalks for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Summary of work
- Replace the old bridge with a new, wider bridge
- Rebuilding the interchange from a full diamond into a folded diamond layout
- Adding additional turn lanes and ramp lanes for drivers
- Adding new signal systems
- Replacing existing signals at Nathan Ln. and Gettysburg Ave.
- Adding new pedestrian and bike trails on both sides of Rockford Rd. for better and safer connection for Plymouth and New Hope pedestrians and bicyclists