About this project
The project was located on Hwy 13 from Hwy 19 in Cedar Lake Township to 0.3 miles south of Co. Rd. 21/Eagle Creek Ave. in the City of Prior Lake, Spring Lake Township and Cedar Lake Township in Scott County.
The main purpose of the project was a full depth reclamation, which involved replacing existing pavement and medians. The full depth reclamation was only in the portion of the project from Co. Rd. 21/Eagle Creek Ave. to south of Hwy 282. The project extended further south of Hwy 282 to Hwy 19, but only involved drainage improvements in that area.
The Hwy 13 project was being constructed in conjunction with the County Rd. 21 Improvements Project in Prior Lake. Visit that project website for more information: www.movingforward13-21.com.
Summary of work
- Installed a traffic signal at Co Rd 12 (170th St.)
- Replaced existing pavement and medians
- Widened shoulder by Sunray Blvd.
- Constructed NB and SB left turn lanes, and a NB right turn lane at Hwy 81 (Fairlawn Ave.)
- Constructed NB and SB left turn lanes, at Vergus Ave/Spring Lake Public Access
- Constructed NB right turn lane at 180th St.
- Pedestrian crossing improvements
- Replaced signage
- Drainage improvements
- New trail on the west side of Hwy 13 between Five Hawks Ave. and Anna Trail