Hwy 95 closure begins next week south of downtown Stillwater
ROSEVILLE, Minn. — After several false starts and construction delays, Hwy 95 south of downtown Stillwater will close for approximately three weeks beginning early Monday, June 11. The roadway will close between Hwy 36 and Nelson Street so construction crews can install new drainage structures beneath the Hwy near the Oasis Café to improve storm water runoff.
Weather permitting, the Hwy will reopen by Monday, July 2nd.
During the closure, motorists will need to follow a signed detour to reach their destination.
- Downtown Historic Stillwater from Hwy 36: North on Co. Rd. 15 (Manning Ave.), east on 75th St. (Co. Rd. 12). 75th St. becomes Myrtle Ave. as it nears downtown Stillwater.
- Hwy 95 north of Stillwater from Hwy 36: North on Co. Rd. 15 (Manning Ave.), east on Hwy 96 to Hwy 95 north of Stillwater.
Note: Access will be maintained at all times to the Oasis Café and St. Croix Boat and Packet from downtown Stillwater on southbound Hwy 95. Hwy 95 just north of Hwy 36 will remain open to Sunnyside Marina ONLY.
The work on Hwy 95 consists of constructing the Upper Loop Trail portion in Minnesota which links the historic Stillwater Lift Bridge with the new St. Croix Crossing. Construction includes adding the new drainage structures beneath Hwy 95 near the Oasis Café and completing landscaping as part of the St. Croix Crossing project.
- Visit the Hwy 95 project website for information about traffic impacts and detours during construction: www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy95stillwater/.
- Visit the Stillwater Lift Bridge project website for more details on the transformation work: www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/liftbridge/
- Visit the St. Croix Crossing website for more details on the landscaping project: www.mndot.gov/stcroixcrossing/
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit: http://www.511mn.org/ or dial 5-1-1. ###