Minnesota Department of Transportation

511 Travel Info

News Release

June 23, 2017

Ramsey County Road I, I-35W improvements begin Monday, June 26 in Arden Hills and Shoreview

Ramps at I-35W, County Road I close early Monday morning

ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Long-awaited improvements begin Monday morning, June 26 on Ramsey County Road I near Rice Creek Parkway and Old Highway 8 east of Interstate 35W in Arden Hills and Shoreview. As construction begins, Ramsey County will close the ramp from northbound I-35W to County Road I and the ramp from County Road I to northbound I-35W. While the ramps are closed, motorists will have to find alternate routes to travel between County Road I and northbound I-35W. Detour information is available on Ramsey County’s website (listed below).

The project includes reconstruction of County Road I between the southbound ramps at I-35W, west of the interstate and the entrance to the Rice Creek Regional Trail just east of Rice Creek. Work also includes construction of a roundabout at the ramp from I-35W northbound, Rice Creek Parkway and Old Highway 8 which leads in to the North Metro Drivers’ Exam Station in Arden Hills. Ramsey County also will build a new frontage road along Old Highway 8 between County Road H and County Road I on the east side of the freeway.

Once work is completed on the south side of County Road I, the ramp from northbound I-35W to County Road I will reopen. The loop from County Road I to northbound I-35W is being removed and will not reopen. Motorists will be able to use the new frontage road south to County Road H to reach the northbound interstate.

In addition, the county plans to rebuild the approach panels at the Rice Creek Bridge, improve trail access and build raised medians and new road shoulders.

For more information, please visit the project web site: https://www.ramseycounty.us/residents/roads-transit/2017-construction-maintenance/county-road-irice-creek-parkway-roundabout. For more information on the benefits of roundabouts and how to drive them, check out MnDOT’s roundabout website. For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit www.511mn.org.