Current traffic impacts
- The detour is removed and the bridge is now open to vehicles.
- A signal system at both sides of the bridge is in operation, with a single lane going one direction at a time, through the work zone.
- A restriction remains in place for oversize vehicles until both lanes are open.
The temporary traffic signal at the east end of the bridge.
A second signal is at the west end of the bridge.
When the light is green, vehicles can cross the bridge in a single lane, one-way direction.
Aug. 7, 2020
- Working to complete safety measures for pedestrian access to the bridge
- Continue working to restore historic riprap on west side
Summary of work
- Replace bridge on Hwy 40 (known as Milan Bridge) over Lac qui Parle Lake
- Update pedestrian access to meet current ADA standards
- Incorporate historical elements into the new bridge through the use of iron railing on both sides
- Maintain fishing access and recreational area
- Handplace stonework to closely match the original construction done by the WPA in 1939
- Robert R. Schroeder Construction Co., Glenwood MN