Current traffic impacts
- The bridge is closed to pedestrian and motor traffic.
- Detour route is in effect - the detour has been moved to state Hwy 119 and US 59/Hwy 7 (to/from Appleton) and will remain in place for the duration of the project.
- Access to the DNR boat landing, campground and fishing pier will remain open and be available from the east side of the project only.
Pouring the concrete bridge deck on April 21, 2020
May 29, 2020
- Continue working on the bridge rails and grading operations
Summary of work
- Replace bridge on Hwy 40 (known as Milan Bridge) over Lac qui Parle Lake
- Update pedestrian access to meet current ADA standards
- Incorporate historical elements into the new bridge through the use of iron railing on both sides
- Maintain fishing access and recreational area
- Handplace stonework to closely match the original construction done by the WPA in 1939
- Robert R. Schroeder Construction Co., Glenwood MN