Current traffic impacts
- The bridge is open to two-way traffic.
- There may be occasional lane closures when crews are working next to the roadway.
July 30, 2021
- Placement and grouting of the riprap is complete.
- The temporary sheet pile has been removed.
- Remaining work: grading, signs, grass seeding and erosion control, tree planting.
Summary of work
- Replace bridge on Hwy 40 (known as Milan Bridge) over Lac qui Parle Lake
- Update pedestrian access to meet current ADA standards
- Incorporate historical elements into the new bridge through the use of iron railing on both sides
- Maintain fishing access and recreational area
- Hand place stonework to closely match the original construction done by the WPA in 1939
- Robert R. Schroeder Construction Co., Glenwood MN