Current traffic impacts
- The bridge is closed to pedestrian and motor traffic
- Detour route is in effect and posted below
- Access to the DNR boat landing, campground and fishing pier will remain open and be available from the east side of the project only
Rendering of new Milan Bridge
- August 20, 2019:
- Crews have removed the old bridge; see photos
- Sheeting is in place.
- The process of removing and numbering the historic rip rap began the week of July 29 and will continue for some time.
- Began driving piling and removing sediment from "cans" for the new center pier August 15.
- Check out bridge renderings here
Summary of work
- Replace bridge on Hwy 40 (known as Milan Bridge) over Lac qui Parle Lake
- Update pedestrian access to meet current ADA standards
- Incorporate historical elements into the new bridge through the use of iron railing on both sides
- Maintain fishing access and recreational area
- Handplace stonework to closely match the original construction done by the WPA in 1939
- Robert R. Schroeder Construction Co., Glenwood MN