Drilling operations on Hwy 19/College Drive in Marshall next week
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation will conduct drilling operations in Marshall on Highway 19/College Drive from 4th Street to Bruce Street beginning Monday, Aug. 24. Work is anticipated to be complete by end of day on Aug. 28. Environmental drilling is being performed to remove core samples at 23 locations to determine if there are contaminants in the soil prior to a future construction project.
Drivers may encounter shoulder closures during drilling. Please watch for workers, as well as heavy equipment leaving and entering the work zone area.
Watch for orange cones on this project
MnDOT asks travelers to always drive with caution, and reminds everyone to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times
For additional updates follow us on Facebook facebook.com/groups/MnDOTsouthwest.