MnDOT District 8 lifts some road closures, moves to no travel advised for most of southwest and west central MN
WILLMAR, Minn. – (9:00 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation is changing the following road closures to no travel advised:
- All roads in Lyon, Murray and Pipestone counties
- Highway 19 (Morton to Fairfax) in Redwood County
- Highway 71 in Redwood County
- Highway 68 from the intersection of Highway 71 to Wabasso
- Highway 19 east to Fairfax
- Highway 67 to Highway 71
- Highway 68 to Highway 71
Motorists are advised not to travel in these counties overnight until conditions improve Sunday.
Road closures continue for the following roads in Lincoln county:
- Highway 271
- Highway 19 from the MN/SD state line to Ivanhoe
- Highway 14 from the MN/SD state line to Florence
- Highway 75 from Pipestone to Ivanhoe
Motorists are advised not to travel until conditions improve and MnDOT reopens the road. Roads currently closed will remain closed overnight until MnDOT plows can work to clear them Sunday morning and reassess.
Motorists should plan accordingly. When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or sentenced to 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
MnDOT plows will be pulled from roads by 9 p.m. due to reduced visibilities at night, as well as the forecasted additional snowfall and high winds.