We want your feedback on the recently completed Highway 60 Watonwan County project! Please take 5-10 minutes to provide your input - surveymonkey.com/r/Hwy60WatonwanCountyConstructionSurvey. Survey closes Jan 17.
Construction for the Highway 60 Watonwan County project began in 2018 and was completed in 2019. The project included paving and updating some bridges and accesses on Highway 60 near St. James.
About this project
The Hwy 60 Watonwan County resurfacing project is a 12.9 mile resurfacing project that begins just 1.2 miles west of the Hwy 4 and Hwy 60 interchange and ends at the Hwy 15 junction.
Summary of work
- Resurfacing the existing eastbound (EB) and westbound (WB) pavement
- Resurfacing EB and WB ramps
- Constructing a crossover at the west and east end of the project area to accommodate two-lane two-way traffic
- Remove and replace road signs
- Constructing a snow fence to mitigate snow drifts on Hwy 60 at the Watonwan River Bridge
- Removing or replacing guardrails
- Resurfacing and upgrades to the Hwy 4/County Rd 27 bridge and County Rd 12 bridge over Hwy 60
- Reconstructing the exit and entrance to rest area