Mankato levee construction impacts at Highway 14/169 to change Friday
MANKATO, Minn. – Now that the northbound lanes of Highway 169 for the Mankato levee have been raised, construction will move to the southbound lanes on Friday, Oct. 5. with traffic impacts changing to include:
- Westbound Highway 14 traffic detour to southbound Highway 169
- Eastbound Highway 14 traffic detour to northbound Highway 169
- Southbound Highway 169 traffic detour to westbound Highway 14
- Northbound Highway 169 traffic detour to westbound Highway 14
- Northbound Highway 169 LOCAL traffic detour to westbound Highway 14
Motorists can expect these restrictions to be in place until early to mid-November, weather permitting.
Detour maps of Stage 2 construction can be found on the project website mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy169mankato/index.html. Detours and updates are also posted on the statewide road condition site at 511mn.org.
Stage 1 of the levee construction will be completed with the traffic switch. Stage 2, raising the southbound lanes, will commence immediately after the traffic switch and is projected to last until mid-November weather permitting.
The project is designed to bring the Mankato Levee up to current FEMA standards and is a partnership effort between MnDOT, Mankato and North Mankato.
OMG Midwest (SMC) was awarded the Highway 169 levee construction with a bid of $1,670,000.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit 511mn.org