Expect daytime lane/ramp closures on Hwy 14 in Mankato next week
Motorists advised to slow down and watch for workers
MANKATO, Minn. – While construction on Highway 14 from Lookout Drive in North Mankato to Highway 22 in Mankato is mostly complete, additional work on the shoulders will take place Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week (Sept. 25-27). The work will be done under traffic with daytime lane and ramp closures.
Motorists will need to reduce their speeds and drive with caution as workers lives are on the line.
Daytime lane/ramp closures between 3rd Avenue and Highway 22 include:
- Tuesday, Sept. 25 - left lane of Hwy 14 eastbound
- Wednesday, Sept. 26 - left lane of Hwy 14 westbound
- Thursday, Sept. 27 – 3rd Ave. and Riverfront ramps for Highway 14 east and westbound (one at a time)
Other remaining work that does not impact traffic on the Highway 14 project includes installing a culvert between Victory Drive and Highway 22 and should be completed by early October.
Six miles of construction on Highway 14 from Lookout Drive to Highway 22 included:
- Resurfacing sections of the highway
- Repairing deteriorated culvert sections, including a large culvert at Thompson Creek
- Repairing ditch along westbound Lor Ray Drive exit ramp
- Updating pedestrian sidewalk ramps at 3rd Avenue and Riverfront Drive interchanges
- Updating median guardrail at bridges
- Repairing pavement approaches to bridges over Victory Drive and the railroad near Eagle Lake
OMG Midwest (Southern Minnesota Construction) of Mankato, MN, was awarded the project with a bid of $5.3 million.
For information on the Highway 14 Mankato project visit www.dot.state.mn.us/d7/projects/hwy14mankato.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit www.511mn.org.