Hwy 60 Watonwan County construction begins June 18
MANKATO, Minn. – Weather permitting, construction will begin on Highway 60 in Watonwan County from St. James to Highway 15 on Monday, June 18.
During construction, eastbound and westbound Highway 60 traffic will be reduced to a single lane, head-to-head configuration on the westbound lanes. No detour is anticipated for through traffic on Highway 60, but there will be periodic bridge closures for Highway 4/County Road 27 and County Road 12.
Construction on Highway 60 in Watonwan County is part of a two-year project, starting in June of 2018 through fall of 2019. Thirteen miles of Highway 60 construction includes:
- Resurfacing the existing pavement
- Resurfacing eastbound (EB) and westbound (WB) ramps
- Constructing a crossover at the west and east end of the project area to accommodate two-lane, two-way traffic
- Removing and replacing road signs
- Constructing a snow fence to mitigate snow drifts on Hwy 60 at the Watonwan River Bridge
- Removing or replacing guardrails
- Resurfacing and upgrades to the Hwy 4/County Rd 27 bridge and County Rd 12 bridge over Hwy 60
PCiRoads of St. Michael, MN, was awarded the project with a bid of $27,500,000.
For more information, visit the project website at www.mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy60.