Hwy 13 construction from New Richland to Waseca begins April 30
MANKATO, Minn. — Construction on a resurfacing project of Highway 13 between New Richland and Waseca will begin Monday, April 30.
Highway 13 will be closed from New Richland to one mile south of Highway 14 near Waseca starting April 30 through early June. Motorists will be detoured on Highway 30 from New Richland east to Interstate 35 north to Highway 14 and west to Waseca.
Lane closures will occur during paving mid-June through July, and pilot cars will direct traffic north and south. Delays are likely; motorists should use extra caution in the work zone.
The Highway 13 project will deliver a smoother pavement, improved shoulders, better drainage and improved safety. Construction work includes:
- Resurfacing approximately 11 miles of Highway 13
- Replacing six culverts
- Upgrading guardrails and rumble strips
- Installing county road intersection lighting
- Installing an Active Pedestrian Crosswalk Flasher System at Highway 13 and Waseca County Road 12
- Adding enhanced intersection striping at County Road 15, County Road 20 and Highway 30
Ulland Brothers, Inc., of Albert Lea, MN, was awarded the contract with a bid of $3,900,000.
For more information on the project as well as a detour map, visit mndot.gov/d6/projects/hwy13-resurfacing.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit 511mn.org.