About this project
The southbound I-35 New Market Rest Area will be closed for three days beginning June 28, while crews stripe the parking area.
The closure will begin at noon on Monday, June 28 and re-open by noon on Wednesday, June 30.
The work is part of a larger project involving 15 miles of striping work on I-35 from the Scott County Road 2 exit, (Exit No. 76 ) Elko New Market to Rice County Road 8 north of Faribault. Once the work is done at the rest area, crews will begin work on the main line of the highway in both directions. Traffic delays can be expected during the work.
Summary of work
- Restriping northbound and southbound lanes: centerline and shoulders
- Project work zones are:
- I-35 Minnesota-Iowa border to north of Interstate 90 at Albert Lea (13 miles)
- Work scheduled to begin June 2 and will last at least two weeks, but schedule is dependent on weather conditions
- I-35 Scott County Road 2 exit, (Exit No. 76 ) Elko New Market to Rice County Road 8 north of Faribault (15 miles)
- Work scheduled to begin late June and will take approximately three to four weeks, but schedule is dependent on weather conditions
- Traffic delays anticipated during morning and afternoon commuting time, as well as weekends
- Adjust travel times or use alternate routes to avoid potential delays