I-90 Hayward Rest Area reopened after construction
ALBERT LEA, Minn. — The eastbound Interstate 90 Hayward Rest Area has reopened after construction was finished, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Hayward, which is east of Albert Lea at mile marker 162, has been closed since September for repaving, sidewalk and ADA work.
Join the southeastern Minnesota Facebook group facebook.com/groups/MnDOTsoutheast to learn about MnDOT construction projects and activities.
MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
MnDOT reminds motorists entering work zones that safety is the responsibility of all:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.