Hwy 14 detoured for four weeks west of Eyota for railroad bridge repairs
EYOTA, Minn. — Motorists on Hwy 14 will be detoured west of Eyota so the Canadian Pacific Railway can complete bridge repairs over the road, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The closure begins May 11 between Chester Woods Park and Eyota. Work is expected to be completed by June 6. The detour route from the east is Hwy 42 north to Olmsted County Road 9 west to Olmsted County Road 11 south. Access remains open to residences and businesses along the highway.
MnDOT reminds motorists about safety in work zones:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel time
For more information, people may join the MnDOT Southeast Minnesota Facebook group for news, information and events in the region: facebook.com/groups/MnDOTsoutheast. For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit 511mn.org.