In 2020, the Minnesota Department of Transportation will begin a resurfacing project on Highway 28, from Chokio to Morris. The work begins on July 6.
Key project elements
- ADA ramps in Chokio
- Replace three box culverts
- Snow fence installation near Morris
Current traffic impacts
- Road closed between County Road 13 in Chokio to Lyndale Avenue in Morris
- Detour: County Road 13, County Road 8 and Highway 59
- Lane closures in Chokio, from Fourth Street to County Road 13
- Need to get to Alberta? Follow the detour to County Road 8, then take County Road 9 north to Highway 28 toward Alberta.
**For those who live/work along the work zone (local traffic):
- Access will be maintained to homes and businesses along the closed portion of Highway 28
- The road will be impassable at times from Chokio to Alberta while crews replace box culverts.