Overnight lane closures in Moorhead start Sunday
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. —Motorists traveling in the Moorhead area will encounter overnight lane closures on several Minnesota highways the week of May 17. Crews will complete maintenance work at several bridges between 8 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. each night, including:
- Interstate 94 Red River bridge
- Highway 10 Veterans Memorial bridge over the Red River
- Highway 75 bridges over I-94
- 20th Street bridge over I-94
- Main Avenue Southeast/County Road 52 bridge over I-94
- 34th Street bridge over I-94
- I-94 Buffalo River bridges
The maintenance work includes flushing the bridges, which removes sand and other particles that collect on the bridge joints and abutments. Crews will look for deterioration that may have occurred during the winter and make repairs to the road surface.
In addition, the westbound I-94 on-ramp from 20th Street will also close overnight on Sunday, May 17 for patching and crack sealing. The ramp will reopen Monday by 5 a.m. This work was supposed to take place overnight on Wednesday, May 13, but was delayed due to rain.
All work is occurring during overnight hours to minimize traffic impacts in the Fargo-Moorhead area.