Portion of westbound Interstate 94 near Rothsay closed due to jackknifed semi
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. (1:30 p.m.) — A portion of westbound Interstate 94 near Rothsay is temporarily closed due to a jackknifed semi. Traffic will be detoured to County Road 11 and Highway 108 until the crash is cleared.
Road conditions are icy throughout the region. MnDOT snowplow operators are doing their part to make highways safe. Motorists should remember to:
- Check road conditions at 511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.